SO-CALLED WELL OFF PENSIONERS ARE NOT TO BLAME FOR THE POLITICS OF ENVY
POLITICIANS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO REALLY GAIN TODAY
ALL AGE GROUPS EQUALLY BASHED BY POLITICAL POLICIES
- the wife's state pension is not paid out,
- the wife cannot then claim Winter Fuel Allowance,
- the rise in retirement age means because wife below 66, their home is hit by the Bedroom Tax
- the husband is taxed more by the loss of £3000 extra tax allowance above the basic at 65 from 2013 when someone over 70 needs to heat a room 24/7 to 70F,
- and the wife may indeed lose all her state pension for life, from changes coming in 2016 for new claimants and be unable to inherit her husband's state pension as his widow
WHAT WOULD THE SWANS DO DIFFERENTLY?
The Swans offer:
- Citizen Wage £1,750 a month to all ages, whether in work or not
- Social housing with rents capped to minimum wage for all,
- Bringing into use as social housing, the hundreds of thousands empty, abandoned homes.
- Renovating empty homes will generate new jobs for under-25s building tradesmen.
- Everyone will be fed every day with a cooked hot meal and hot drink, none will starve, by local government employed catering staff, again jobs for under-25s.
- No-one will be left homeless, rough sleeping
- End of Jobcentres and their sanctioning regime to cut benefits leaving people cashless and starving
- Top slice management in public sector, and use that to fund jobs for frontline services to the community by national and local government, so more jobs for under-25s
- Pay Full State Pension at 60, of £15,000, tax free by Tax Allowance at 60 of £15,500 to encompass Winter Fuel Allowance of £500 from winter of 2015/16
- Loss of rightful age payout of state pension and over-taxation of over 65s, has lost tens of thousands of young peoples' jobs in high streets turned into ghost towns, as it is the older people who shop in town.
- End of Income Tax and National Insurance for business, so making it more affordable to take on staff by small and medium businesses, that is the real growth area for employment
- Business-run free vocational training to fill skill shortages for all under-25s (Tax breaks) - in fact for all ages.
- End of Income Tax and National Insurance for people, so all tax is Indirect and VAT only. Why tax people twice?
- End of Council Tax and Bedroom Tax, major causes of becoming homeless for old and young alike.
- Citizen Wage plus minimum wage for under-25s means more staff at cash desks, cafes, shops for small to medium sized businesses, which is the real growth for employment.
- Helps keep farmers on the land as well as smallholders able to make a living. More ability for small-scale organic farming and city farms.
- Nationalise public transport and cap prices to minimum wage, with better rural public transport
- Under-25s will get free help from private Recruitment Consultant firms in drawing up their CV and filling in job application forms (tax breaks)
- Job application will be about ability to do the job and interviewed by those doing the job already as well as Personnel / Human Resources.