MALE POLITICIANS TAKING WOMEN TODAY BACK TO THE STONE AGEPoliticians believe that work pays for women.
Work pays less for women than men.
Austerity Job Cuts have been to the public sector, where the majority of the employees are women on low wages.
It is women on low wages that have taken the brunt of the government job losses, with women suffering two thirds of the million jobs lost by 2018.
Private sector jobs are even more lower paid than government jobs, and the pay gap women have with men wages is wider. On average the terms and conditions are less in private sector jobs than in public sector jobs.
Within the public sector there have been wage freezes and wage cuts, which impacts the lowest waged the greatest.
In the private sector wages have flat-lined down to 2002 levels as no pay rises for years, whilst huge price rises in food and energy bills.
And the odd out of touch statement by the Tories of the peace of mind and financial security that comes with a regular pay packet, is not borne out by the massive rise in zero hour contracts and even major banks still shedding jobs by the thousands as well as the public sector, including councils suffering massive funding cuts that will impact yet again on women's jobs in the main in councils, as frontline services are cut.
TAX WOMEN MORE AND GIVE THEM LESSWhen a cleaner lady comes off benefit and goes into a wage far below the basic tax code, she gets the dreaded BR tax code, that is an emergency tax code, that means up to 90% tax for two tax years before you get the 944L now, soon to rise to 100L in April.
You get the dreaded BR emergency tax code on benefits as well.
But what care most women about a £10,000 tax allowance (from April 2014) when many are on minimum wages around £6.50 far below the living wage of £7.65 (£8.80 in London).
Half women 60-66 are within the working poor.
More women are in work than ever before, with 1.6 million new private sector jobs. But what pay and conditions are on offer, with over a million zero hour contract jobs, that staff are not even aware they are within?
Now part-time workers must actively seek a full-time job or get their housing benefit cut. Most housing benefit goes to the half of the entire benefits bill that goes to the working poor, who now far outnumber the unemployed in poverty.
But then figures just realised from the House of Commons Library show how the tax affairs of women are not anywhere near equal to men.
Cuts in tax credits since 2010 for those on low income took £2.7 billion from women, but less from men at £750 million.
Add on the reductions in childcare support through tax credits and you see women losing £343 million whilst men lost only £47 million.
Child benefit was frozen for three years, usually paid to the mother took £1.26 billion from women, but also took £26 million from men.
Women, on the whole, are poorer than men, with benefits and tax credits making up an average 5th to women's income, as opposed to only a 10th for men's income.
So women have suffered worse than even men under Austerity, with household benefits cap effecting 80% of women and only 20% of men.
EVEN TORY VOTER WOMEN LOST OUT MORE THAN MENBut then even well-off women are discriminated against in relation to men.
The cut in top rate of tax on income above £150,000 a year from 50p to 45p, had 85 per cent of the gains go to men.
The £1,000 transferrable tax allowance for 4 million married couples in 2015 will give a £411 million handout to men (84 per cent) with only £84 million to women (16 per cent).
Child Benefit removal from higher tax payers has cut money to 94% of women claimants and only effected 6% of men.
LABOUR WILL NOT SAVE WOMEN IN 2015Ed Balls, Shadow Chancellor, has confirmed that Labour will just keep Tory spending plans and be even harder on welfare reform than even the Tories.
Neither has Labour said they will reverse all that the Tories have done since 2010.
Let us not forget that it was Labour who began Welfare Reform and brought in Atos in 2005, when the use of food banks began to rise, and that Labour invented the Bedroom Tax, and could have voted the tax down if Ed Balls, Brown and Scottish Labour , up to 47 Labour MPs had bothered to come in and vote in parliament in London, when the vote was lost by only 26 votes.
So Labour despises women just as greatly as the Tories.
Labour passed law in 1975 guaranteeing pensions, the Tories revoked that law in 1993 and Labour, in 2 consecutive governments, did not bring back the law that would have guarantee rightful age payout to women of state and works pension.
Just look at any full sitting of parliament. Where are the women?
NO PARTY OFFERS WOMEN AGED 60 ANYTHING AT ALL BUT MORE POVERTYThe Pension Bill took works and state pension from women for over half a decade of life, starting last year with those born 1953 (30,000 women) and those born 1954 this year (half a million women).
So women paying 12% of their wages in National Insurance, to forever lose around £38,000 between 60 and 66 years of age.
The Pensions Bill raised the retirement age and then snuck in further law to end all rights to state pension to huge numbers of women in law coming in 2016.
The losses coming with the Flat Rate (Single Tier) Pension in 2016 making all the losses of flat-linine wages, huge rises in cost of living and loss of benefits, far worse.
For women may indeed have no income in old age forever.
As said half of women 60-66 are within the working poor. Without the rightful age payout of up to around £6,300 or more, whilst benefits and tax losses cut income meant for food and heating.
However the majority reason women that age are not in work is because they are disabled and / or chronic sick and those benefits being lost or never gained.
Benefits are taxed at source, so giving the dreaded BR emergency code that gives with one hand and takes away altogether with the other.
CLICK HERE to see who loses most or all state pension
HOPE MY OTHER BLOG HELPS YOU WITH SOME USEFUL RESOURCES FOR YOU
A cheap day out for two - picnic bag - can top up each time get a chance of warm sunshine for a taking the old car or go on the bus or even your cycles out into the countryside.
Try Out All Your Gran's Favourite Sweets or You might Even Remember These Yourself
WHAT WOULD THE SWANS DO DIFFERENTLY?The increase in the tax allowance is not reaching women and the benefit changes are impacting women more than men.
- Equal Citizen Wage for men and women, instead of benefits, tax credits, and all the other ways women lose out. This will be at the Social Contract EU law rate of £138 per week (2014 figure).
- Minimum wage is a Living Wage of £11 per hour for women and men.
- Equal pay law for women and men in government and in private sector.
- Free nursery care within the Education Budget (end of council education departments with money going direct to schools).
- Full state pension at 60 to women
- Work towards state pension at 60 for men within first parliament.
- 40 per cent top rate of Income tax down to a level that also benefits women. This offsets such women's costs of employing a nanny and gives more work to women.
- Work towards end of Income Tax and National Insurance within first parliament.
- Social housing rents capped to minimum wage. Bringing the nearly million empty homes into social enterprise housing with capped rents.
- Rents and house prices pegged to average wages. Professional advice to prevent Negative Equity problems.
- End of Council Tax.
- Revoke Welfare Reform Act, Pension Bill, Flat Rate (Single Tier) Pension
- Bring in law guaranteeing pensions even better than the 1975 law.
- Management top sliced in public sector, with focus on devolving budgets down to supervision and front line workers direct, without head offices and all that admin.
- As Lib Dems now offering £12,500 Basic Tax Allowance, The Swans would give all ages £14,000 Basic Tax allowance, with £15,500 Tax Allowance at 60.
- But more than any other party, only The Swans offer the end of Income Tax altogether.
- There are more than enough stealth taxes in the Indirect Taxes and VAT on our daily lives, even on food. More stealth taxes could be levied on the less price conscious luxury trade products.
- Women will not be discriminated by policies of government by law.
CLICK HERE to contact The Swans direct - to support with free membership - free organising members - future candidates
The sources of information for this article are from the facts in the public domain from the House of Commons and by information published by the Fawcett Society, a group campaigning for women's rights.