60 PER CENT OF UNDER 30s DID NOT VOTE IN LAST GENERAL ELECTIONNearly two thirds of young people did not even bother to vote for any political party in 2010 last general election.
It is said around 4 million UK young people (18 - 30 years of age) are not even signed onto the electoral roll.
ALL CURRENT POLITICAL CLASS HAVE LOST VOTER TURNOUT IN UKVoter turnout by all ages is on a downward death spiral in the UK.
The Tories have alienated their core vote, but only a third changed their vote to UKIP, in amongst a mostly elderly voter group.
THE GREENS AND LABOUR ARE NOT WHO YOU MIGHT THINK THEY ARE
The Greens enacted Austerity in the one council the Greens rule, Brighton, that is a town with a large student population and young working poor families.
Labour is the party of the squeezed middle (average wages of between £26,000 - £31,000 per year) and has collaborated with Coalition government's huge tax and benefit losses and lost pension payout to women in both the working poor and squeezed middle.
See if you lose most or all of your state pension:
The Labour party is not the party of the true working class who are:
- the working poor,
- that include young single people suffering Workfare even under Labour
- young families who encompass the many Londoners being priced out of jobs in the one city that has economic growth in the recession in the UK,
- as well as half of women aged 60-66 who are within the working poor
and the disabled and chronic sick of all ages losing benefits:
- majority reason women aged 60-66 are not employed,
- along with children and young adults not able to work,
IS THE NEW LEFT UNITY PARTY A SOLE HOPE FOR MAJORITY OF UNDER 30s IN THE UK 2015 GENERAL ELECTION?
The Greens appear to be a party of the young, yet it is their green agenda which has made energy bills unaffordable to the many.
The Greens believe in Austerity and Welfare Reform, by what they have done in Brighton, where they are the party in power in the council.
By young people joining as membership and being involved in policy commissions in the new Left Unity Party, young people can focus the party on gaining interest in voting again in the UK for all ages, but especially the youngest that are the future of any hope of a people voting democracy in the UK.
IS THE NEW LEFT UNITY PARTY THE SOLE PARTY OFFERING THE END OF STARVATION IN THE UK?
Gandhi observed that People's Politics Are Their Daily Bread.
With over 13 million people struggling to make ends meet each day in the UK today, and the starvation caused by welfare reform get ever deeper, in the one nation in Europe not providing free cooked meals and hot drink each and every day to the hungry, who are the working poor and low income pensioner in the main, then Left Unity Party could save the voting habit in the UK, in a way no other party could.
About page on Left Unity party's website:
In amongst their policies are:
- minimum wage to be a living wage
- end austerity cuts
- end welfare cuts
- scrapping zero hour contracts
- abolishing destitution
- end Bedroom Tax
- more social housing
- affordable rents for all
Their full housing policy passed by national conference on March 29 is on page:
- To work to develop effective housing plans for flood prone areas.
- Housing rights and benefits for under-25 year olds to be respected and previous caps reversed.
- To legalise squatting for emergency housing need or to bring vacant property back into use.